Quiz for an Older Age Group
1. What Crimean town was founded about 150 years after the foundation of Rome?
2. In what ancient literary works was Crimea mentioned?
3. What medieval traveler began his famous journey through Crimea?
4. When was Crimea included into the Russian Empire?
5. What world-famous writer took part in the Crimean War of 1853 – 1856?
6. What are the main branches of economy in Crimea?
7. Which Crimean city can we recognize with the help of a Russian 200 ruble banknote?
8. When and where did the politicians of the East and West sign an agreement to establish the United Nations (UN)?
9. What language do the inhabitants of the peninsula communicate with each other?
10. What three main nationalities live in Crimea?
Creative task: «Crimea is the peninsula of peace and peoples’ friendship» What is the recipe for friendship among the many peoples of the peninsula, in your opinion? Write an essay on this subject containing 2000-3000 signs, spaces are included.